Toyota has unveiled the new 2023 Sequoia full-size SUV in the USA. The new model is based on the same platform as the latest Tundra pickup truck, but has a longer wheelbase and a larger body to accommodate up to eight passengers across three rows. Toyota Sequoia Price in India
The exterior design of the Sequoia has been updated with a new grille, headlights, and taillights, as well as revised bumpers and fenders. The SUV is available in three trim levels: SR5, Limited, and Platinum. All versions come with a 6.0-inch touchscreen display with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, as well as Toyota’s Safety Sense 2.5 driver assistance suite.
Toyota Sequoia: what is it? Toyota Sequoia Price in India
The Toyota Sequoia is a full-size SUV designed mainly for the left-hand drive markets in North America and the Middle East. It takes the mantle of Toyota’s flagship SUV in the USA, supplanting the Land Cruiser 200 as the automaker has no plans to bring the Land Cruiser 300 to the US market. Underneath, the Sequoia shares its platform with the Tundra pickup truck and some components with the new Land Cruiser 300 and the Lexus LX600 luxury SUV. The SUV comes with an independent front suspension and a multi-link rear suspension layout. Optional features include adaptive dampers and a load-leveling air system for the rear. Toyota Sequoia Price in India
- Engine: 3.5-liter twin-turbo V6 petrol engine
- Power: 437 horsepower
- Transmission: 10-speed automatic
- Drivetrain: Two- or part-time four-wheel-drive systems available
- Towing capacity: 7,100 pounds
- Three-row seating with captain’s chairs available in some variants
- Toyota Safety Sense 2.5
- Heated seats
- Infotainment screen ranging from 8 to 14 inches
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- Panoramic-view camera system
- TRD Off-Road Package with locking rear differential, 18-inch wheels, Multi-Terrain Select system, downhill assist control, crawl Control, Bilstein shocks, and revised springs
- TRD Pro package with Fox internal bypass shocks, 0.25-inch front skid plate, locking rear differential, Multi-Terrain Select, crawl control, downhill assist control, LED light bar as part of front grille, and storage rack on the roof.
Toyota Sequoia: Exterior and Interior
The Toyota Sequoia is designed with a naturally aspirated 3.5-liter V6 engine that delivers an output of 409 horsepower and 479 lb-ft of torque. It comes with a 10-speed automatic transmission that ensures smooth and efficient power delivery to all four wheels. Toyota claims that the new powertrain is more fuel-efficient than the outgoing model, and has a maximum towing capacity of 7,100 pounds.
- LED Headlight with Manual Leveling Adjustment
- LED Fog Lights, DRLs, and Taillights
- Grey Metallic Horizontal Bar Grille with Chrome Surround
- Front Door Handles with Touch Sensors
- Electric Power Steering
- Electronic Parking Brakes
- Powerful Twin-Turbocharged Hybrid V6 Engine
- Parallel Hybrid System with Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor
- 10-Speed Electronically Controlled Automatic Transmission
- Automatic Limited Slip Differential
- Full Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist
- Road Sign Assist
- Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
- Backup Camera with Projected Path
- 12.3 Inch Digital Instrument Cluster & 10-Inch HUD
- 8-Speaker Audio System
Toyota Sequoia: Engine and Off-Road Hardware
The Toyota Sequoia is equipped with a single 3.5-liter twin-turbo V6 petrol engine, which Toyota calls the i-Force Max. It delivers an impressive 437 horsepower and comes with a 10-speed automatic transmission. Customers have the option of choosing between two- or part-time four-wheel-drive systems for all trim levels, with the TRD Pro package only available with 4WD.
For off-road enthusiasts, the Sequoia offers the TRD Off-Road Package, which includes a locking rear differential, 18-inch wheels, Multi-Terrain Select system, downhill assist control, crawl Control, Bilstein shocks, and revised springs. The TRD Pro version takes things up a notch with Fox internal bypass shocks, a 0.25-inch front skid plate, a locking rear differential, Multi-Terrain Select, crawl control, downhill assist control, and an LED light bar as part of the front grille. Additionally, a storage rack is located on the roof of the TRD Pro version.
The Power of Toyota Sequoia
Powering the Sequoia is a naturally aspirated 3.5-liter V6 engine that produces 409 horsepower and 479 lb-ft of torque, paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission. Toyota claims that the new powertrain is more fuel-efficient than the outgoing model, and has a maximum towing capacity of 7,100 pounds.
The Sequoia is also equipped with a new suspension system that includes adaptive dampers and electronically controlled air springs, which Toyota claims will provide a smooth and comfortable ride both on and off-road.
Inside, the Sequoia’s cabin has been updated with new materials and features, including an available 12.3-inch touchscreen display, a digital rearview mirror, and a 14-speaker JBL sound system. The SUV also has more space for passengers and cargo, with up to 120.1 cubic feet of total cargo capacity.
Overall, the new 2023 Toyota Sequoia promises to be a spacious and comfortable full-size SUV with improved performance, fuel efficiency, and technology features. Pricing and availability details for the US market have not yet been announced.